ULEZ compliant means your vehicle meets the Ultra Low Emission Zone rules for London. This covers the same areas as the Congestion Charge. The zones will be increased after October 25th 2021.
Who Needs to Be ULEZ Compliant?
Both businesses and individuals vehicles must be ULEZ compliant in this zone. However, if your vehicle is not covered you can pay a fee. These fee’s go back into TFL for improvements to the travel infrastructure of London.
Where are the ULEZ Zones?
The current zones until October 25th 2021 are below.
After this, the following area will be covered under ULEZ compliance.
What Are ULEZ Compliant Emission Limits?
Currently, the emission limits are:
- Euro 3 (NOx) for motorcycles, mopeds, motorised tricycles and quadricycles
- The Euro 4 (NOx) for petrol cars, vans and other specialist vehicles (up to and including 3.5 tonnes gross vehicle weight) and minibuses (up to and including 5 tonnes)
- Euro 6 (NOx and PM) for diesel cars, vans and other specialist vehicles (up to and including 3.5 tonnes) and minibuses (up to and including 5 tonnes)
What Are The ULEZ Charges?
Currently, they are:
- £12.50 for most vehicle types, including cars, motorcycles and vans (up to and including 3.5 tonnes)
- £100 for heavier vehicles, including lorries (over 3.5 tonnes) and buses/coaches (over 5 tonnes)
How Do I Pay the ULEZ Compliant Charges?
You can register for TFL Auto Pay. Your registration plate will be scanned by ANPR cameras when entering ULEZ zones and payment will be deducted automatically.
Also, all entry points to the ULEZ zones are clearly marked.
What are ULEZ compliant cars?
You can check if your car or van meets standards by entering your number plate here.